Sunday, September 6, 2009

For the love of hot wheels

Nicky is in love with hot wheels. All the boys have gone through this but Nick's obsession is at a whole new level. He takes these little cars everywhere. He sleeps with one every night. It was so cute...at first. It does have it's perks. He likes to find out what color they are and is learning his colors pretty well. He sorts them, he lines them up, all those good two year old milestone behaviors. He prefers to sleep with a yellow car. That leads me to one very unpleasant aspect. Nicky is two, these cars are small and they always get lost. We put him into the car having tantrums because he's left his car behind. That isn't so bad because, so far, we've always managed to find it. This is not fun at all in the middle of the night. For three nights this week we had to wake up to go looking for his car. Last night was the worst since I don't think he actually went to sleep with it. Mack and I were both up at 4 am looking for a yellow hot wheel that is 2 inches long in the dark so we wouldn't wake Aaron. I might stop while we're out and buy 10 of these little yellow cars. I'm exhausted and do not want to do that again. I wonder if velcro would work.....;)

3 comments:

  1. We watched a new reality show last week where a little boy swallowed one of his Hot Wheels and I think he actually passed it naturally--yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my. That had to be painful going in and coming out. I didn't think a kid could swallow one whole.

    ReplyDelete

Followers