Friday, October 9, 2009

Following the trend

Since it seems a few people have posts on Obama's recent award, I think I will post too. I found a link a few hours ago on facebook and it seems as if even those who like this man(and I do like him) agree he shouldn't have gotten this award. I don't understand. He has some nice ideas for peace. That is great and I hope they actually lead to peace but no one has ever won this award for ideas that haven't actually made a change. I think he got this award because of who he is, the first black president. Again, I think it is great we have come so far but that has nothing to do with this award. If he keeps getting all this positive attention for being a black president he won't be remembered in history for what he accomplishes. He'll be that black guy who didn't do much but was handed things just for being black. I really hope he makes his term great so he can live up to this award and all the attention he is getting.Check Spelling

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers