Sunday, October 18, 2009

Never as planned

Yesterday was supposed to my clean up day. My house is a HUGE mess and it really needed some attention. I know I wasn't feeling great and the kids had stuffy noses but I was determined! I got my living room exactly how I like it. I cleaned the front closet that is my husband's designated dumping area. I'm not sure how he decided to make that closet his personal black hole. Things do no disappear in there forever, contrary to what he seems to think. That is when I got tired and the cough got worse. I sat down and decided to hang out with the kids. It wasn't all bad. We had a good time. No one even asked about the TV! We played Tangrams and Rush hour. We read books. Chris did some of his co-op assignments. We talked. I don't regret that but I really wanted a nice clean house. Is that too much to ask? I suppose it is. It is driving me crazy. I need to learn to relax more. I know my house will never be as clean as I'd like it to be for many, many years.

Today I'm not even going to try. I'm less well than I was yesterday and the kids...I have no desire to struggle with them in this state. Maybe my husband will help me tomorrow though I expect him to be tired after working almost 30 hours this weekend. Hmmm, I think I'll take a nap and dream of a clean house. That may be as close as I can get.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you start feeling better soon. And just remember, even if you get your house clean, it won't last. :) I got my family room cleaned (almost top to bottom - I even scrubbed the blinkds) yesterday and it's now CHAOS. So while you're dreaming that it's clean, maybe you can pretend that it just was . . . only a minute or so ago . . . really . . .

    ReplyDelete

Followers