Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Too busy to blog

I've been so busy that I've let my blog fall to the wayside. Aaron is crawling everywhere! It's hard to get anything done with speedy getting into everything. If he were just a few inches taller and a little more steady he'd give Nicky a run for his money. He's finally eating. Butternut squash and zucchini are his current favorites. It's funny how he went from thinking food was gross to scarfing down full bowls in a week's time. He's also taken to crawling around the kitchen floor in search of wayward cereal. I'll have to put the baby gate back up.

I'm really missing summer. It's barely over and I'm so sad it's gone. Today it got dark at 5pm. That is just wrong. There just aren't enough day time hours and it seems to have happened more quickly this year. On the upside we have to Y to help us through this year! In past years we got less active and were stuck inside. This year, we have lots to do. The kids are loving swimming lessons! They are learning so fast. By the end of this class, I'm confident some of them will be able to swim the length of the pool. I'm glad I finally got them in lessons. Having kids that can't swim makes me nervous.

My soap. Oh, how I love my soaps. I have many to make for the holidays. I cut 4 pounds, I'm curing another 4 and I have 8 pounds in molds. I finally got the simple swirl I wanted to try! It looks beautiful and I can't wait until it is cut. I think I'll try the more complicated method tomorrow. I'm no longer as impatient as I was so I think it will go well. My soap will have a new look!

My other ventures are going well. I'm nearly done with the birth class requirement for my doula training. I finished the semester with and A and a B. I'm a bit disappointed about that. I'm sure I'll get over it and will do better this term.

The kids are all stuck to the computer lately. Between Starfall and their math games, they seem to keep pretty busy. Chris is focusing on building. He wants to start making miniature houses(NOT doll houses). He's interested in haunted houses and log cabins. I think the older three will got houses to build for Chrismas. I'm excited to see what they create.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers