Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Relax

I have completed all my soap orders! I'm so happy. In the last 4 weeks(I only worked 4 or 5 of those days though) I made probably 50 POUNDS of soap. That is a lot...for me anyway. I'm spending today making shea butter creams. That is going much slower than I thought it would. Probably because I'm exhausted. I also made bars to donate to MRU for the kids' gift swap. They smell yummy but didn't come out quite as planned, lol. I wanted swirl, I got amateur tie dye.

My classes are coming along. I fell a couple days behind but caught up last night. I'm going to try to stay caught up since doing a weeks worth of work in a night while cooking 8 pounds of soap isn't my idea of a good time. I'm also almost done with my birth class! I have one more class to go. My training weekend will be in February. I wish it were sooner. I'd like to be done.

The kids are loving swimming! They have come such a long way in such a short time. The can swim all the way to the middle of the pool. Some are doing better than others but they have all improved and having a great times. We went this past Monday and there was no class. We just hung out at the Y for a while and came home. We might go early next week so we can play racquet ball. That game is such fun! We didn't get to play this week because I was trying to convince Nicky that kid country is fun. It worked though I'm still not sure he'll stay. I'll probably have to go a few more times and hang out there with him before he'll stay without me. I'm not sure what happened. One day he'd stay and then all of a sudden he wouldn't.

We miss summer so much. I'm sure I've complained about that enough but I really dislike the cold. I hate being stuck inside. I miss park days. At this time of year I'm thankful for MRU and the Y. At least we have some place to go hang out when it's too cold to be outside.

Today is the day we'll get this house back in order! I've been saying this for months. I'm not sure it will actually happen but I'm hopeful. I did clean my soap room. I've been working in there so much it was a mess. And when I'm not in there it becomes a catch all for Mack. He just sits stuff in there and forgets to remove it.

This winter, I think we'll concentrate on crafts more. We're always bored and the kids are always asking to do them. We made little wood car and plane models last weekend and painted them. We got cute and creative. Zach's is very interesting. It's not exactly how it looks on the box but it's a plane all the same. Chris likes to Story of the World(history) crafts so we'll probably do those. I'm looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers