Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The challenge

I hate water. I will drink it sometimes but normally I get water for the kids and drink juice. I'll even have a soda if juice isn't available. I don't even like soda(with the exception of Blood orange Italian soda, YUM!!) but I prefer that to water. When my older kids were born, they got juice as babies because I actually listened to doctors back then. I had to teach them to like water as toddlers. I decided I didn't want to do that with Nicky so I gave him no juice as a baby but as he got older I gave him sips of mine. Bad choice, he's just as bad as the others were. So, no more juice in our house. I don't want the same thing to happen with Aaron. Nicky has decalcification of his enamel(his enamel didn't form properly while I was pregnant so he has next to none on his teeth)) and we're trying to save his adult teeth by removing as much sugar as possible from his diet. Also, it would save us money. We spend a lot on juice. So, today is our first day. I have a little juice here, I'll finish it but no more is coming into the house. Is it sad that this makes me nervous? lol My mom never pushed or even suggested water. I've never been a water drinker and this isn't my first try at this. It's probably my 25th try over the last few years. I obviously failed before, I'm hoping to have better results this time. So, off we go! Lets hope I beat my previous record at least. I've lasted a whopping 3 days in the past LOL.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you Pauline! Alexander was a big juice drinker when he was little also and had lots of problems with his teeth. To break the habit I just brought water everywhere and stopped buyin the juice until he got used to it. Now he enjoys cold herbal tea and sparkling water. With Sophia,she always had water. They do have the occassional pop when we were at a restaurant but that doesn't bother me. Good luck today.

    ReplyDelete

Followers