Sunday, January 10, 2010

New Year!

It's been a while. The holidays were so busy! We had a wonderful Christmas. I think the kids were happy with what they got. The major gifts were the X box 360 and the Wii. Chris is very happy to have the extra time with his friends. It seems he was missing so much of the social stuff with the other boys in group. They talk quite a bit on the X box. Zach LOVES the Wii. It's all he talks about. His favorite game is Wii Sport.

We took the tree down Christmas night. We just don't have the space for it. It was up just about a week and I was not sad to see it go. The house is finally back to normal. We're actively looking for a new house to rent. We need more space. No luck yet, hopefully soon. The owner asked that we leave by March so he can try to sell this house in time for the new owners to get a home buyers grant. That makes me really stressed, hopefully everything will work out.

My quarter is almost over. It looks like I'll finish with some decent grades again. I'll probably have 2 As, if not an A and a B. I'll be glad to get my week long break between classes. It'll give me time to work on everything else I have going on. I have an online store for my soap now. I ordered supplies and will be working over the next couple of weeks to stock it. I can't wait until all my supplies are here. I feel like a kid at Christmas. Last week I started a breastfeeding peer counseling class at the Elgin WIC office. The class goes for 8 weeks and then I will start volunteering under the lactation consultants towards my certification. I'm hoping I'll get my 500 hours by the time the year is up. Next month I have my doula training! The class is only for three days. I'm a little worried about leaving Aaron for so many hours. The middle day will be the longest, I'll be there for 13 hours. He's a pretty easy baby. Hmm, I wonder if I have enough to do, lol.

The kids have been great. I have some awesome kids. We've been building and reading and having so much fun around here in the last month. Yesterday Chris opened the little green house he got for Christmas. We planted tea. Amanda got mini greenhouses that look like eggs. They are coming up so well. We'll probably go next week to get something to replant in. I guess we should have thought before planting so many of the seeds at once. Lesson learned. Amanda is loving the toy bugs she got for Christmas. We've been talking about bugs lately. I got her a insect facts game that's actually pretty fun and leads to some really nice discussions.

I guess that's it for now. Maybe I'll actuary blog now that the holidays are over and I have more free time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers