Tuesday, July 7, 2009

I will blog!

Again, I have neglected my blogging responsibilities. I will improve! The summer is rushing by so fast it's hard to keep up! We've been so into our books. We've read several this summer, 4 or 5 chapter books and several smaller books. The library reading program started 2 weeks ago and we're almost done! We've made a trip to Red Oaks nature center and have many more trips planned for this summer. I love field trips! The situation with the rats has improved. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would be okay with rats running across my bed or computer table. I hate that these wonderful little creatures have such a short life span. I will miss them dearly when they aren't here. I have taught myself to make soap and it is my newest obsession. Though I'm only three batches in, Chris is to be my new apprentice. I'm working on perfecting my recipe and have all sorts of wonderful ideas in my head. I can see myself making all sorts of neat creations. The baby is getting bigger and bigger! He's up around 18 pounds of pure love :-) We had a wonderful Fourth of July. We BBQ'd and had a nice day at home followed by a night of fire works. Nicky, Aaron and I stayed home as Nick is just a little frightened if the 'boom boom' in the sky. Maybe next year. I'm secretly happy I got to stay home. We caught a partial show the night before and I felt like a mosquito buffet! That is all for now. I will be updating as often as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers