Thursday, August 27, 2009

Aaron and Nicky's check up day

Today Aaron went for his 6 months check up and Nicky went for his 30 month check up. They are both doing wonderfully, which I knew, but I really love their pediatrician and I like to hear her say that, lol. Aaron is a big 20 pounds 13 ounces. Nick's weight was 30.8 pounds. I found out today that their doctor is pregnant. She has the cutest little belly. She's due in 2 months and is still so small. I just saw her a couple months ago and had no idea. Since she's going on maternity leave we don't have to go back until Aaron is a year. She says he looks wonderful and since we don't vax there are no worries of missing anything.

After we left the doctor we went to go visit Mrs. Scott. She used to be our next door neighbor. Christopher was best friends with her grandson when they were about 5. They still love each other. They gave each other a big hug and were inseparable for the whole 8 hours we spent over there. It was so nice to chat with her. She had her knee replaced in July and I had been worried. Just a month ago she couldn't bath herself and she's already walking without a cane! She's having a speedy recovery. She just isn't willing to sit down and rest. She needs to take care of her grand babies and keep her house clean, lol.

The kids were sound asleep the whole way home. Nicky got carried into the house and was so worn out from the day that he didn't even wake up. I took a bath and checked on the soap I made this morning. I've been so frustrated with that lately. My soaps have been sticking to the bottom of the molds. When that happens I have to dismantle the whole thing to remove the soap and keep it in tact. I may buy some new molds soon. I would love some silicone ones that require no lining and don't stick. I just hope they work well with hot process soaps.

I noticed on the way home that the days are getting shorter. The days are already feeling a little colder as well. I don't want summer to end. I always dread the cold weather and the cabin fever it brings with it. Summer just began! I remember wearing a coat in June. This isn't fair. We should get at least 4 months of nice days. I wish Mother Nature would get her act together.

Tomorrow is Aaron's 6 month day! My baby is growing up too fast :( He gets his first meal for breakfast in the morning. I bought him some avocado yesterday and am so excited to see what he thinks of it. I bet he will find that eating is overrated and not worth the effort, lol. Nicky was not impressed with his first few bites of food. I must admit that Aaron is a lot more determined to get his hands on some food than Nick was so maybe he will surprise me.

1 comment:

  1. I remember Evan not being thrilled with his first foods - until he tried some Haagen Dasz vanilla ice cream. That did it. So far I have not found eating to be overrated :-)

    ReplyDelete

Followers