Monday, August 24, 2009

Chris's first day of co-op and other things

Chris had a really nice week! Since it's a one day a week thing, his week is done. I love it. I haven't been around such school-y people in a while. Most were more go with the flow type people but they were all closer to structure than I'm used to. One was very structured but did so because her daughter was used to school and seemed to want her mom to mimic school at home. I don't know if I could do that, lol. We ended up being a half an hour late. I am the queen of getting lost. I got lost literally 2 blocks from my destination, that is talent. Not only did I get lost but I ended up two cities away from where I should have been. I need a GPS like last year. Chris has homework, how weird, though it's not the torture that is school homework. He has a week to finish it so he doesn't have to sit in a desk for 6 hours then come home and sit at a table for another hour or two. I think this will be good for him. He likes it, I like it and he's getting older and has new interests. Aaron was the perfect baby. He smiles right on cue and always manages to get ohhhs and awes. We were there for 5 hours and the only fussing he did was when I had him in the sun too long. I was chatting outside for about an hour and he'd just had enough of the heat.

I am thinking of starting a 4H club. I have always wanted the kids in one but I would rather them be in a homeschool club. Not because I have something against public school kids but because I don't like to be out late and I really don't like activities on the weekend. Plus, meeting places are so hard to find during evening and weekend hours. I need at least 2 more kids over age 8 before we can start. You need 5 to start a club. I will have to do some reading as 4H seems to be much more inclusive, as far as projects and topics, than I thought. It's not all live stock and plants after all!

I have thought up a fun way to teach letter blends to the girls and am excited to start it! I think they will like it and it will keep them interested. They are terrible learners when you sit them down and teach them. They learn so much better though movement, art and song.

Now, maybe a trip to the library. I have no ink and stuff to print. I also need some new books for the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers