Thursday, August 6, 2009

BIrthdays and summer

Since my last post my oldest daughter turned 9! She had a great day. I took her to a 'mom and me' dinner and then Mack took them all to the movies. We had a celebration for her, as well as Frankie, at my mom's house on Sunday. We've had such a fun summer and it seems as if it is just starting! I can't help but feel sad for the public school children near me. They are going back next week and the week after and the warm weather has really just set in. I'm just starting and they are all done. We've really been enjoying our time with our group until an incident that happened yesterday with my daughter and a little boy at our group. It really makes me feel sad that the racial issues that should be long dead are still going on. The little boy is 8, I can't help but wonder where he learned the horrible things he said yesterday.

On to a subject that always makes me feel great, my little Aaron. He's getting so big! He's doing so much already. He started sitting up just before he turned 5 month and has 3 more weeks before he can start solids. He seems to be very excited about food but I suspect it has more to do with shiny spoons and colorful plates than actually eating anything. My family, or some of them, seem to think he NEEDS to be eating My baby is 5 months old and not old enough just yet. Even if he thinks he should eat, I know it is best for his health if he doesn't. Three weeks won't hurt him and I know he isn't starving, he really couldn't get much fatter, lol.

The next two weeks will be spent finishing our passport since the program is nearly over and we haven't visited many places yet. I must admit, I prefer to go when public school is in session. Things are much less crowded. The reading program is also nearly over and only Chris has gotten all of his paws. The rest are on the last level and need a few more.

That is all for now.

1 comment:

Followers