Monday, August 31, 2009

Assumptions

A friend of mine on facebook is considering homeschooling. Someone told her she would be punishing her kids. She made a comment about that and got these responses:

If you think about it, they dont get to hang out w/ friends and have the social time most kids need and plus time away from home/parents which some kids "feed" off of.

depends on who you ask!! if I did it and was making the kids do it Colton would tell you it was punishment too. BUT all summer long's worth of "i'm bored" and " there's nothing to do" has made me feel better about school. Is schools in Bloomindale not an option or Alamo?

Sounds like parents who don't know anything about homeschooling or keeping their children engaged. Neither of those are homeschooling issues. They are parental issues. I hate to hear things like that simply because someone might actually believe it.

The one on the bottom probably shouldn't anyway. She needs a little practice in punctuation and grammar, lol.

2 comments:

  1. I get that all the time, or people trying to find solutions for me so I don't HAVE to homeschool, like it was a choice I didn't want to make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, our kids don't get to hang out with friends AT ALL, do they?? Too funny.

    ReplyDelete

Followers