Monday, March 23, 2009

Dinner update(and lunch and snack too!)

We had a really healthy food day and everything met our kid's approval, woo hoo! For lunch I made chicken-veggie sandwiches on whole wheat pitas with grapes on the side. Oh, it was yum! I heated mine and Nick's since we both have an issue with cold food but it was really good! For snack I made the healthiest guacamole recipe I could find and we ate it with corn chips. It was really simple. 2 avocados, some onion, a splash of lemon, bit of salt and some garlic. I think it needed more garlic and I didn't add enough salt. I added some tomatoes too. I was the only one who thought it was lacking, they ate it up! For dinner the salmon was soooooo good! I still have to get used to fishy flavors as I've never been a fish eater but the kids all wanted seconds. We had it with brown rice and spinach as planned. Perfect! Maybe this healthier eating thing won't be so hard. I just have to look for better recipes of the things I know we like. Why didn't I think of that before?

And for the recipes. Salmon marinade : http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Baked-Salmon-II/Detail.aspx

Guac: (read the comments and tweak to taste) http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Best-Guacamole/Detail.aspx?prop31=5

The chicken salad recipe is from my book and I just don't feel like typing it all out. I will try when I have some free time. Aaron is not a happy or calm baby tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers